We at b2cloud play a fundamental role for businesses looking to build successful digital products. We often hear passionate product owners, experienced CEO’s and founders articulate their vision to us saying… “I want to build
There are many visions on where mobility is going and how transportation will evolve. Which will prevail? Where will the disruption occur? I suspect the car I drive now, will be the last one I
We all love Siri’s little witty quips, but I recently read a heartwarming article over on Mashable that reflects the power of technology to change lives in ways that most of us would never appreciate. I won’t spoil
This post is going to outline a bunch of tips and tricks to squeeze every last piece of performance out of a UITableView. In a nutshell, what affects your table is how much processing the device needs to perform for each cell requested. If you keep this to a minimum, you will have an extremely smooth scrolling experience.
When you need to create any list in code there is a very easy way to make the list quickly reorderable. The solution is to use an enum, which is nearly a list in itself. Each entry in the enum represents a number, by default it is one more than the previous entry in the enum. When the order is just hardcoded, it can be time consuming when you need to move the entries of your list around. If you use an enum, then simply by changing the entry in the enum, your list will update automatically.
Last week I explained how to reorder a cell from any point for a Scramble type game we had created. Another issue we faced with our Scramble game was the shadow behind each cell, which looked a tad weird. If you are facing the same issue, here is how you can correct it quite easily.
A component of one of our upcoming apps is a Scramble type game where letters are rearranged to solve the word. I had a fantastic idea to use a UITableView flipped on it’s side with reordering enabled to make up the bulk of the Scramble reordering functionality. It worked without a hitch. During development we found that having the cell’s reordering grip only taking up a 44×44 square wasn’t very effective when our letters were a lot bigger, you would have to have your finger exactly in that small area in order to move the letters around. With a bit of magic I managed to make the reoder grip fill the entire cell, and this is how you do it: