The Samsung Galaxy S3 was just recently announced and it blew us away !
On the other hand, the HTC One X is a beautiful and strong piece of device which not only does the job, but give’s you a strong and solid feel when you hold it in your hand comparing to the Samsung Galaxy S series.
Here is a comparison between the two !
HTC ONE X
GALAXY S III
XL version (Dual-core 1.5 GHz Krait)
Not sure if all versions are going to be 4g
|Display size||4.7” (720×1280 pixels)||4.8” (720×1280 pixels)|
|Pixel density||312 ppi||306 ppi|
|Display type||Super IPS LCD2 (RGB stripe)||HD Super Amoled (PenTile)|
|Screen type||Gorilla Glass||Gorilla Glass 2|
|Internal Storage||32 GB||16/32/64 GB|
|Extra storage||—||Micro SD (up to 64GB)|
|Front facing camera||1.3 MP||1.9 MP|
|Chipset||Nvidia Tegra 3||Exynos 4212|
|CPU||Quad-core (4+1) 1.5 GHz||Quadcore 1.4 GHz|
|Dropbox||25GB storage||50GB storage|
|Battery||1800 mAh||2100 mAh|
Samsung Galaxy SIII extras:
S Voice: Siri like voice recognition.
Face Recognition and Auto Tagging (Like Google Picasa)
Smart Stay: Screen won’t turn off detecting your eyes with the front-facing camera
Wireless charger (sold separately)
- HTC’s Unibody Polycarbonate looks much better and seems tougher. The downside to the unibody is a non-removable battery and no expandable storage.
- Sense UI is more flexible than Touchwiz.
- The RGB stripe display on the One X has a finer picture and more realistic and accurate colors while the PenTile Amoled screen creates sharper blacks and better contrast.
- As far as benchmarks show, Samsung’s Exynos chipset is better than the Tegra 3.
- Samsung has little extra stuff ( Svoice, Smart Stay and other services taking advantage of the 6 sensors) and packs a better battery, while on the other hand these sensors and extra services use more battery.
- Cameras are both very quick but detailed comparison can’t be done until SGSIII’s release.