With Apple’s iOS Human Interface Guidelines now available on the iBook Store, here some important tips to keep in mind when designing an app.
- Don’t take space away from the content people care about.
- Delay a login requirement for as long as possible.
- When you design your app to function the way most of your users expect, you decrease the need for settings.
- Avoid defining new gestures unless your app is a game.
- Use a tone that’s informal and friendly, but not too familiar.
- Focus on the needs of 80% of your users.
- An iOS app never displays a Close or Quit option.